6. Eternal
A stone statue of Buddha with flowers the die eventually - yet the people always replace them. Something that lives in the minds of the people speaks more to an eternity than something that never breaks down.
http://travel.nationalgeographic.com/travel/traveler-magazine/photo-contest/2013/entries/225575/view/
7. Shaky Foundation
We, as humans, are always doing things we know we shouldn't be doing. Building cities in places that are essentially deserts, constructing a large bridge on top of the worst bedrock imaginable (serpentinite) based on the opinion of a single geologist, or even building the city on top of a fault line in the first place! I suppose, then again, we weren't really supposed to go to the Moon either.
8. San Francisco Adventure
After finding a random staircase, we continued our day of stumbling upon the houses of not only the rich, but the lucky. An adventure would most likely be required to even be aware of some of these locations with beautiful views by Telegraph Hill.
9. Hopeful for the Future
I love this photo taken at my cousin's wedding. She had gotten married to a man from France, so half of those present spoke only French, and the other half mostly just English. During a speech, I captured these three looking towards the speaker with approval, while my aunt looked at the man her daughter had married.
10. Diplomacy
As we pulled away from the DMZ, I tried as hard as I could to take as many photos as I could of the North Korean side. Two buildings stand on either side of the border, one South Korean, one North. In the middle are these United Nations designated blue buildings where they can have meetings. The DMZ is a surreal place where the problems of the world seem so strange and incomprehensible. The buildings on either side competed for height, the North Koreans used to blast propaganda from loud speakers until a few years ago, and the environment is eerily quiet. Millions of land mines make up the border, making it one of the most naturally preserved areas in the world. We were told by the U.S. military tour guide that we were not to point, as it would be used in North Korean propaganda. Also, we were notified that the openings in the shades of the building had binoculars behind them.
A stone statue of Buddha with flowers the die eventually - yet the people always replace them. Something that lives in the minds of the people speaks more to an eternity than something that never breaks down.
http://travel.nationalgeographic.com/travel/traveler-magazine/photo-contest/2013/entries/225575/view/
7. Shaky Foundation
We, as humans, are always doing things we know we shouldn't be doing. Building cities in places that are essentially deserts, constructing a large bridge on top of the worst bedrock imaginable (serpentinite) based on the opinion of a single geologist, or even building the city on top of a fault line in the first place! I suppose, then again, we weren't really supposed to go to the Moon either.
8. San Francisco Adventure
After finding a random staircase, we continued our day of stumbling upon the houses of not only the rich, but the lucky. An adventure would most likely be required to even be aware of some of these locations with beautiful views by Telegraph Hill.
9. Hopeful for the Future
I love this photo taken at my cousin's wedding. She had gotten married to a man from France, so half of those present spoke only French, and the other half mostly just English. During a speech, I captured these three looking towards the speaker with approval, while my aunt looked at the man her daughter had married.
10. Diplomacy
As we pulled away from the DMZ, I tried as hard as I could to take as many photos as I could of the North Korean side. Two buildings stand on either side of the border, one South Korean, one North. In the middle are these United Nations designated blue buildings where they can have meetings. The DMZ is a surreal place where the problems of the world seem so strange and incomprehensible. The buildings on either side competed for height, the North Koreans used to blast propaganda from loud speakers until a few years ago, and the environment is eerily quiet. Millions of land mines make up the border, making it one of the most naturally preserved areas in the world. We were told by the U.S. military tour guide that we were not to point, as it would be used in North Korean propaganda. Also, we were notified that the openings in the shades of the building had binoculars behind them.


No comments:
Post a Comment