Four Months in Korea...

"This wreath I bring is a gift from the people of one country to the people of another. Never mind which countries, think of people..."
Cat's Cradle, Ch. 114

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Digital Photography Portfolio, Part III

11. Doug Carney, the Metal Man

For this project, I was supposed to take environmental portraits. I must say, following around Doug Carney can be a dangerous exercise. He told me to follow him into this room without a jacket or face mask. I got sprayed with sparks, but I quickly threw on gear after that and got some neat shots of sparks flying and him.



12. Finally Got This Phone

We had to experiment with the light studio, taking pictures of our phone with the lights on and off. Then we merged the two shots together in photoshop and I made this goofy advertisement. I love this phone.

13. The Jousting Tournament

The Rennaisance Faire was a swell time had by my brother, his friend and I. Needless to say, you will see some very interesting characters here. We had legs of turkey and mead as we watched characters joust. It's one of those situations where you feel weird for not being weird.


14. The Secret World of Rennaisance Faires

Full-time blacksmiths, leather shops (weird), these things made of leather called Gritchels (also weird), magic shows, sword-swallowing and exotic reptiles. I never would've imagined what a Renn-Faire actually is like. All I can say is, avoid anything having to do with leather.





15. Volleyball Excursion

Our class went to Hartwick's final volleyball game of the Fall season. They started off as underdogs but eventually took home the win. Shooting in this space required raising the ISO setting, shooting gray cards and fussing with shutter speeds. All in all, a learning experience.




No comments:

Post a Comment